Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Engagment

So we had been dating for a few months and always felt something special. Being with eachother had been the most exciting times of our lives. We knew that we were soulmates. We had talked about marriage and finally it began to feel that it was something that needed to happen.

Finally, Tauren got the nerve to talk to my Dad about marrying me. The talk went really good and I felt closer to her family as a result. Then, the next step was actually proposing and giving me the ring.

With the help of a few friends, Tauren hatched a plot to propose to me at Disneyland. Tauren purchased the ring and was ready to go. However, that day didn't feel right. There was too many things that didn't make the proposal the way he wanted it to be. So he gave up on the idea and decided to do it another day. He knew that he had to do it soon or he would be miserable.

Finally, he ended up taking me to La Jolla Shores. The plan was to do it at sunset. Everything was working out perfectly. We ate dinner and he pulled right up to a parking spot. The sun was just above the water and a line was gleaming across. We started to walk down the beach. We weren't saying much but just were awed by the beauty of the sunset in the distance. He was thinking about proposing but there were several distractions. A few surfers, a guy taking pictures of his children, and other people walking down the beach. We walked passed the pier and He started to watch the sun slowly sink under the horizon. It was perfect. Finally, we stumbled into this perfect location with a few cliffs.

We stopped there and kissed. The sun was down but the soft glow was still on the horizon. The moon was out and it was in a crescent shape. A few stars had began to show. The tide was inching its way up to our location and he had started to think, "I gotta do this now." He was so nervous.Then, he got down on one knee and gave a short speech about his love for me. He pulled out the ring and asked me if I would marry him. I said yes and he put the ring on my finger.

We were so happy to call eachother fiancee!

1 comment:

Paige Love said...

That's so sweet! Congratulations and all the best!